rel=sidebar queries

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 04:36:43 +0100
To: public-html-comments@w3.org
All,

Apologies I seem to be having a night of questions!

rel=sidebar :
The sidebar keyword indicates that the referenced document, if
retrieved, is intended to be shown in a secondary browsing context (if
possible), instead of in the current browsing context.

So if the referenced document is shown in a secondary browsing context
(will call it a sidebar from here), then:

- do links within that referenced document display in the sidebar, or in
the main browsing context (unsure of the correct term here)

- if a link in that referenced document now shown in the sidebar has a
rel=sidebar, what happens? does this indicate another third browsing
context is created (and thus scope for recursion and infinite browsing
contexts) or does it open in the already opened sidebar

- (i fear the answer to this one may lie in the previous question) is
there then scope for rel=main? are there any plans for more than two
browsing contexts? for instance could there logically be a primary
context with sidebar, then another below (think a firebug type display
in the bottom half of the window)

Any further questions from here I feel are pretty obvious so will leave
them out, but perhaps some scope for clarification here.

Best,

Nathan