Re: volunteering for change proposal for issue 117

Hi Shelley,

>> What recourse do non-members have then if they are unsatisfied with a
>> bug resolution? Should they file formal objections?
>
> The powers-that-be have to respond, of course, but the impression I
> received is this is the only option. That's fair. If the only patent
> policy is associated with membership, then I can more than understand.
>
> Going to be a bit of a mess when this thing goes for last call, though.

According to the HTML5 Formal Objection Wiki Page [1] , "the first
time that the Director reviews Formal Objections is in the request
from the Working Group to advance to Candidate Recommendation" not at
Last Call.

Maciej, Sam, Paul, and Philippe, when do you anticipate  HTML5
advancing to Candidate Recommendation?

Best Regards,
Laura

[1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/FormalObjection