microdata use cases and [whatwg] Getting data out of poorly written Web pages

From: Shelley Powers <shelleyp@burningbird.net>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 15:02:31 -0500
To: whatwg@whatwg.org, public-html-comments@w3.org
It's difficult to tell where one should comment on the so-called
microdata use cases. I'm forced to send to multiple mailing lists.

Ian, I would like to see the original request that went into this
particular use case. In particular, I'd like to know who originated it,
so that we can ensure that the person has read your follow-up, as well
as how you condensed the use case down (to check if your interpretation
is proper or not).

In addition, from my reading of this posting of yours titled "[whatwg]
Getting data out of poorly written Web pages", is this open for any
discussion? It seems to me that you received the original data,
generated a use case document from the data, unilaterally, and now
you're making unilateral decisions as to whether the use case requires a
change in HTML5 or not.

Is this what we can expect from all of the use cases?

Shelley