ID Attribute

From: Chris Ward <hostmaster@wirefire.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:51:37 -0400
To: <public-html-comments@w3.org>
Will, or can, we see a change with the "ID" attribute.

IMHO the "ID" attribute should be able to identify any element within an
HTML document/DOM.

However, there is 1 element and possibly others that do not use the "ID"
element such as:

<script>

I, myself, find it disturbing that I cannot give some sort of attribute to a
<script> tag to make it distinguishable for removal that is W3c compliant,
maybe I'm missing something very simple, I don't know.

Chris Ward,