Re: "scheme" attribute of META element

On Thu, 7 May 2009, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Ian Hickson wrote:
> > On Wed, 6 May 2009, Chabot, Elliot wrote:
> > > The XHTML/XHTML implementation of the Dublin Core metadata standard makes
> > > use of the "scheme" attribute.  For instance,
> > >
> > > 		<link rel="schema.DC" href="http://purl.org/DC/elements/1.1/"
> > > /> 		<link rel="schema.DCTERMS" href="http://purl.org/DC/TERMS/" />

> > > content="United States. Congress" />
> > > content="JK1021" />
> > > content="328" />
> > >
> > > identifies a document as falling under the Library of Congress Subject
> > > Heading "United States. Congress", with a Library of Congress
> > > Classification Number of "JK1021", and a Dewey Decimal Classification
> > > Number of "328".
> > >
> > > At the U.S. House of Representatives, we have been using Dublin Core
> > > since 2005 as part of our efforts to promote web standards compliance.
> >
> > Can you elaborate on this? What software do you use to actually consume this
> > data? Is this internal data or is it published on the Web?
>
> I can't speak for Elliot, but the Web repository connector inside SAP
> Netweaver's Knowledge Management has supported RFC2731-style encoded
> metadata (as shown above) for many years now.

Could you elaborate on how this tool consumes this data? Any information
you may have would be very useful. Could you walk us through an example of
how this information gets used? How do the various schemes affect the
handling of the metadata? Have you found particular processing is needed
to process invalid values? Is the tool's input limited to files generated
by one organisation, or does it process input from arbitrary Web sites?