Typo in DOMTokenList and proposed change to classList

From: bolinfest <bolinfest@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 21:33:50 -0800 (PST)
To: public-html-comments@w3.org
In the proposed spec for DOMTokenList:

http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#domtokenlist

(1) I think this is just a mistake, but in the green box where toggle is
defined, it does not mention its return value. Since both the IDL and
implementation for toggle mention the return value, I suspect this is
supposed to be there as the other return values are listed.

(2) Neither add() nor remove() are specified to have a return value. I
suspect that this is deliberate (if so, I was curious as to why), but I was
hoping that that could be changed. In writing up a detailed description of
the goog.dom.classes library in Closure:

http://code.google.com/p/closure-library/source/browse/trunk/closure/goog/dom/classes.js

I started out by saying that goog.dom.classes.add and
goog.dom.classes.remove would be able to be reimplemented with classList
when it becomes available, but I just realized that is not true because the
Closure functions support a return value and classList does not (at least,
not according to the current draft for the spec).

Is there any reason why toggle() is going to support a return value but
add() and remove() will not?

Thanks,
Michael