Re: "scheme" attribute of META element

>>You don't need the "scheme" attribute to do that, though. This is
basically just synonym matching; you could apply the same synonym matching
to all terms on the page, and to all metadata values, regardless of the
scheme="" attribute.<<

Well the scheme defines the meaning of the content in a precise context.

So "Apple" from a scheme defining computers, would be different from "Apple"
in a scheme defining fruit.

In this case "Abandoned vehicles" has a precise meaning in LGSL.  It defines
a service that UK councils are required to provide under a law which defines
the scope of the service and the duties of the council.  Pages with that
term in the metadata with the "LGSL" scheme are contributing towards the
fulfilment of that duty.

>>(How do you map the postcode to that page, by the way?)<<

The government site in question uses licensed data which identifies the
council whose geaographical scope contains the specified post code.

Hope this helps.

Do say if you still feel that I am missing something and that scheme is
redundant.

Mike