Re: "scheme" attribute of META element

From: Mike Thacker <mike.thacker@esd.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 09:13:35 +0100
To: public-html-comments@w3.org
As I understand it, this thread is concerned with the usefulness of keeping
the "scheme" attribute of the META element.

The discussion comes down to whether or not schemes defining the format of
values or, as described here, controlled lists adding definition and precise
meaning to values (in the "content" attribute) are useful.

To me adding defining the controlled list from which a precise value is
taken has tremendous value, as described by Tom.

Ian you say:

>>Surely more modern search technologies would be a significantly more
effective way of addressing the same problem at the user level, but with a
significantly
better user experience?<<

Can you say (or provide a link to indicate) what these modern search
technologies might be?

Thanks
Mike