canvas tag and image maps.

From: phillip <pmvcallan@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 10:13:37 +1200
To: public-html-comments@w3.org
Iv been playing around with the canvas tag in various browsers and
noticed something missing that might be useful and I hope could be put
forward.

Seems none of the browsers I have tried (FF, chrome, opera and safari)
support using a map with the canvas tag, eg:
<canvas usemap='canvas_map'>

I think this could be useful in a variety of ways, especially using a
map to predefine hotspots on a canvas based interface without having to
use javascript to detect where a click has happened, simplifying
navigation or scripting.