HTML 5.0 request for quick procedure to allow users to select one object and run it

From: James Donley <twocows360@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 14:46:48 -0400
To: public-html-comments@w3.org
If I'm displaying an audio or video file on my page, I like to let users
choose which media player they use. For instance, for audio files, some may
like QuickTime, whilst some may prefer RealPlayer, and even others may
prefer VLC. To the best of my knowledge, there is currently no fast way to
do this. Since the HTML 5.0 draft was started almost a year ago, I hope it's
not too late to request this feature in the specification.