Re: document.cookie and HTTPOnly

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Dec 2008, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>
>> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/dom.html#dom-document-cookie
>> currently does not take HTTPOnly into account. There should at
>> least be a note there that the user agent may not always reveal all
>> cookies the Cookie header contains. Likewise, HTTPOnly cookies are
>> not be overwritten by script.
>
> Done. Let me know if there's a reference I can use...

Currently, there isn't a reference for HTTPOnly.  There's a small group of us working on creating one, but we're still hammering out the scope:

 http://groups.google.com/group/ietf-httponly-wg

Once we have a draft put together, I'll pass it along.  And of course, if anyone here is interested in joining the discussion on HTTPOnly, we're open to more input.

- Bil