Cross Document Messaging Feedback Followup

From: Sunava Dutta <sunavad@windows.microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:09:21 -0700
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: "public-html-comments@w3.org" <public-html-comments@w3.org>, IE8 Core AJAX SWAT Team <ieajax@microsoft.com>
Just following up to my email a few weeks back regarding cross document messaging.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/2008Feb/0024.html

We'd love to know whether our proposed changes here (in the rewrite) can be accepted or not. Either way, we intend on conforming to the standard and it's important to us to know the decision here. I haven't heard a response from an HTML 5.0 member yet. (Although Jeff Walden from MIT was gracious enough to share his thoughts)

For your convenience, I've isolated the core of the request. For more details please refer to the thread.
"For the postMessage (message, origin) method we would recommend the parameter be called postMessage(message, targetOrigin) since it's easier to understand what it is."

In addition, as our Beta 1 launch indicates, we're very keen on shipping this feature in IE8. Any indication on potential changes to the draft in this area as soon as possible will help us ship a release that's in harmony with the latest developments.

--
Sunava Dutta
Program Manager (AJAX) - Developer Experience Team, Internet Explorer