RE: charset

James Graham wrote:
> I don't see what you're trying to do here that can't be achieved by simply
> using an encoding for the document that covers all the characters you
want.
> UTF-8 would be an ideal choice.

Absolutely.  You know that, I know that, the people on this list know that,
but there will be plenty of developers out there facing this problem that
have never heard of UTF-8, and will run into problems when trying to put
Russian text in a document that doesn't use an encoding covering Russian
characters.

There's also another interesting problem which has nothing to do with HTML
per se, but with UTF-8 and the PHP/MySQL combination [1].  Somewhat
off-topic, but related, I feel.

Cheers,
Rick.

[1]: