W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-bugzilla@w3.org > April 2010

[Bug 8833] Please allow the title of the spec currently known as "HTML5" to be changed to an accurate title.

From: <bugzilla@jessica.w3.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 16:12:59 +0000
To: public-html-bugzilla@w3.org
Message-Id: <E1O5hyV-0005RG-UK@jessica.w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8833





--- Comment #12 from Dean Edridge <dean@dean.org.nz>  2010-04-24 16:13:26 ---
(In reply to comment #10)
> (In reply to comment #9)
> > Stop playing games, you know very well that the W3C wanted the spec to just be
> > HTML5 and nothing else
> 
> You know very well that's not true. Please don't spread FUD.
> 
> Thanks.

I know that for a fact, it's no secret. It is in the public record. Go back and
check the records for the XHTML2 WG and TAG teleconference notes. I have sent
private emails to Steven Pemberton, and also to Sir Tim Berners Lee pleading
with them to allow a XHTML variant of the spec to be developed. I mentioned
this in my last comment, but once again you have decided to ignore the facts
and be a trouble maker.

Everything I have said in this, and the "sub-title" bug-report, is 100% true,
including the suggestion that cetain people have been actively preventing this
problem from being fixed.

Right from the start you have made it abundantly clear that you are only
interested in causing trouble. I have no idea who you are, or what it is you
think I've done against you, but you certainly have an attitude problem and are
hell bent on being a nuisance. I posted a bug report, I detailed what had
happened in the past, and suggested that Ian had made an error in judgement.
This needed to be said as the chairs would need to know the history and
importance of the matter so they could decide whether to ask Ian to change it
or not. I specifically said that I thought Ian had made his change "in good
faith", I did not attack him. You came long and attacked me, falsely accusing
me of attacking him, you went on to accuse me of other things. You are a
trouble maker, go away and cause trouble somewhere else please. I am trying my
best to fix a problem that other people have created, and other people have
prevented from being solved. You are just making things ten times worse.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about, you don't know the history
of this issue, you haven't bothered to listen to the facts and find out about
the history of this issue. You obviously aren't interested in presenting any
intelligent or accurate information in an effort to help solve the problem, so
I strongly suggest that you just stay away from the matter please. I will
definately speak to Sam Ruby and Paul about the matter mid week and take it
from there. There is no need for Maciej or Ian to have anything to do with the
title or sub-title matter due to the conflict of interest and the fact that the
rest of the group can figure out how to do about the problem.

Also, when communicating with people it's courtesy to tell people your name,
it's very rude to just hide behind a fake email address like you've been doing,
I have no idea who I'm talking to.

Thank You

-- 
Configure bugmail: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug.
Received on Saturday, 24 April 2010 16:13:29 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Saturday, 24 April 2010 16:13:29 GMT