RE: Call for Consensus (CfC) to publish a first public working draft (FPWD) of ARIA in HTML

I am +1 on the FPWD, though I also like Jason’s comments below.

From: Steve Faulkner [mailto:faulkner.steve@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 9:00 PM
To: jason@accessibleculture.org
Cc: public-html-admin@w3.org
Subject: Re: Call for Consensus (CfC) to publish a first public working draft (FPWD) of ARIA in HTML

On 4 March 2015 at 09:51, jason@accessibleculture.org<mailto:jason@accessibleculture.org> <jason@accessibleculture.org<mailto:jason@accessibleculture.org>> wrote:
I’d like to see the typical Conformance section added defining the RFC2119 keywords used in the spec. Other than that, it’s a +1 on FPWD.

agree

I second the need to more clearly contextualise this document wrt HTML5.1 as well as the Using ARIA in HTML document.

sure

Has there been any consideration to combining ARIA in HTML and Using ARIA in HTML?

not yet, but will consider.

To cut down on repetition of content across documents, should the latter two docs remain separate, I think section 2.14 in Using ARIA in HTML should just point to the same content that is in the ARIA in HTML spec. Or at least the two docs should be coordinated to avoid repeating the same information.

 yeah can do.

--

Regards

SteveF