Re: process for getting ARIA in HTML to 1st public working draft

I guess.  The provenance of any specification is important to those who
review it.  Or at least it is to me.  Also, the look and feel on that site
makes me want to punch something.  But that's for another time I imagine.

Let me be clear.  I am NOT objecting to anything here.  And I don't care
what sort or URI is in a CFC.  What I do care about is that W3C specs look,
feel, and taste like W3C specs. That's about branding, but also about
process, copyrights, patent disclosures, relationship to other
specifications and other standards groups,  reviewer comments, and many
other things that I am sure some thing of as "cruft".  Fine.  Call me
crufty.  I am old, and I will own that.  But please let's not lose sight of
our overall responsibility to produce W3C specifications.

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 8:49 AM, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org> wrote:

> On 04/03/2015 15:27 , Shane McCarron wrote:
>
>> I guess.  And while I might agree with you that there is cargo cult
>> nonsense that is in that header, it is required currently and expected
>> by reviewers.  I guess I don't understand the reason to not embed these
>> settings in the document.  Does it have some other audience that would
>> resist knowing about copyrights, status, places for comments to go,
>> previous publications, and all the other goodness that is part of the
>> "cruft"?
>>

> The ED is published here:
>
>     https://specs.webplatform.org/html-aria/webspecs/master/
>
> which is nicely devoid of all the boilerplate. The goal is to encourage
> people to focus on the actual content rather than the padding and
> paraphernalia.
>

> --

Shane McCarron