Re: FYI: HTML5 is a Proposed Recommendation

On 09/17/2014 05:26 AM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> On 9/16/14 9:09 PM, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
>> We're one step closer to the Recommendation but, in light of the
>> normative reference policy [1], the HTML Working Group assumes that the
>> URL spec will advance from its Working Draft status to a more stable
>> status to ensure it is sufficiently stable for a normative reference.
>> The Director is considering whether Working Draft status is sufficient
>> for a normative reference from HTML5.
>
> Would you please elaborate on why the WHATWG's URL spec (that was a
> normative reference in the CR and the draft PR) was not acceptable by
> the Director?

I'll note that you consider this topic off-topic in the WebApps working
group:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2014JulSep/0492.html

Can I ask that you follow your own recommendation and follow up on this
topic on the public-w3cprocess list?

> -Thanks, AB

- Sam Ruby