Re: Moving forward on "HTML5: Techniques for providing useful text alternatives"

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 07:19:21 +0100
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, David Singer <singer@apple.com>, John Foliot <john@foliot.ca>, Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, "public-html-admin@w3.org" <public-html-admin@w3.org>
On 13 October 2014 21:40, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net> wrote:

> While I cannot categorically claim making such edits would remove
> objections to moving this document forward to note status today, I
> believe it would indeed cover the overwhelming majority of current
> objections. I do believe it's the best path forward.

I have no objection to removal of the small part of the content that
pertains to use of details/summary
noting that it is not included in the HTML5 PR version of this advice [1]

I also consider that changing the references to HTML5 to point to
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/ is appropriate.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/html/embedded-content-0.html#graphical-representations:-charts,-diagrams,-graphs,-maps,-illustrations

--