Re: Future of public Identifiers for entity resolution in XHTML

On Wed, 2014-11-12 at 17:09 +0000, Paul Cotton wrote:
> + Philippe to the To: field to answer a question below.
>
> > it's basically a bug fix
>
> FTR was there a specific HTML5 bug that this extension spec was responding to?   If so what is the status of that bug?
>
> > So can it just be updated in place with a line saying that it isn't going to be progressed?
>
> The W3C and in particular the W3C WebMaster is not likely to approve an "in place" change of something that is on the TR page.

Indeed. We won't touch the document in place since it's part of history
now.

> Philippe:  How do you recommend we handle the situation where we have published an extension on the TR page that the Editor (and presumably the WG) wants to withdraw?

Usually, the Group would publish a Note explaining that the document got
withdrawn.

As an example, I published the following document before TPAC:
 http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/NOTE-resource-priorities-20141023/

You may not want to reuse the same style but you get the idea.

Philippe