Re: CfC: Request transition of W3C DOM4 to Candidate Recommendation

On Tue, 2014-04-29 at 12:18 -0400, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
> I noticed the pub date of the Draft CR is May 6 and it says a Proposed
> Rec won't be published before June 6. Would you please clarify the
> expectations and plans for the CR (f.ex. the status of the test suite,
> is there an agreed set of tests for CR, status of implementations)?

The status of the test suite and implementations was discussed at the
f2f meeting:
 http://www.w3.org/2014/04/08-html-wg-minutes.html#item03

See also
 http://w3c.github.io/dom/test-results/less-than-2.html

CR publication would be indeed June 6, with a 4 weeks review period.

> didn't notice any so called `exit criteria` in the Draft but perhaps
> that's included/rationalized in `plan 2014` so I apologize if all of
> this is known.

That was indeed missing in the draft. The plan is to use regular
criteria, ie 2 implementations for every feature.

Philippe