Re: ISSUE-151: whatwg-references - Decision

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 3:11 PM, Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com> wrote:

> > The WHATWG is the reason we have this document today and continues
> > to be the major driving force behind it.
>
> +1. I think this deserves more emphasis.

I have no objection to acknowledging the contributions of the participants
from the WHATWG "activity" or "community group" or whichever label one
wishes to apply. I also have no interest in debating the value of those
contributions, which are clearly apparent. However, the purpose of the SOTD
section is not to acknowledge contributions but to provide status about the
document in terms customary to other W3C RECs. Acknowledging contributions
should be done instead in the Acknowledgments section, which express
purpose it serves.

In any case, as Sam asks, I will follow up with a bug report that is more
precise about what could be improved in the SOTD.