Re: ISSUE-151: whatwg-references - Decision

On 03/27/2014 11:36 AM, Glenn Adams wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 9:31 AM, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org
> <mailto:robin@w3.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 27/03/2014 15:27 , Glenn Adams wrote:
>
>         Is there a need to say anything about the WHATWG in the SotD
>         section? I
>         would prefer nothing be said there.
>
>     The WHATWG is the reason we have this document today and continues
>     to be the major driving force behind it. Not at the very least
>     mentioning it would be, in my opinion, very much disingenuous.
>
>     In the interest of actually shipping, can we please stay away from
>     preferences and stick to things that cause actual problems? I, and I
>     believe the other editors, would be very thankful.
>
> Well, you dismissed my claim of potential confusion, so I offered a way
> out (remove WHATWG references). I believe the current language is an
> actual problem, so I'll file a bug report (shortly) to that effect with
> additional details.

I'll note that removal of all WHATWG references is not likely to achieve
unanimity; and I will further note that stating your justification in
terms of *potential* confusion (your word, not mine) is not a strong
objection.

I encourage you to work towards a consensus position and/or demonstrate
an actual problem.

>     --
>     Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/ - @robinberjon

- Sam Ruby