Re: CfC: return HTML 5.0 to Last Call

Hi Janina,

On 13/06/2014 16:13 , Janina Sajka wrote:
> However, we do believe there is one section of the candidate LC document
> whose RFC2119 status may need to be changed. Therefore, we are
> requesting that the following section be marked "At Risk" for the LC:
>
> http://htmlwg.org/heartbeat/WD-html5-20140617/dom.html#sec-strong-native-semantics
>
> PF notes that the normative requirements on user agents in this section
> are not tested and believes that they cannot be appropriately
> implemented from the specification alone.

I understand where you are coming from but I feel uncomfortable making
this at risk (which does slate for removal) when it is in fact
implemented, and implemented relatively well to boot!

Looking at these tests:

     http://stevefaulkner.github.io/html-mapping-tests/

If you forget about elements that are only in 5.1 (details, dialog) it
actually looks pretty good. Sure enough, there are a few failures, but
they don't look like showstoppers to me. The tests leave me rather
optimistic overall.

Based on this, can you please clarify your concerns regarding
implementability?