Re: CfC: Request transition of HTML5 to Candidate Recommendation

From: Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 11:06:22 +0900
Cc: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, "public-html-admin@w3.org" <public-html-admin@w3.org>
To: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Robin,

Le 17 juil. 2014 à 05:22, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org> a écrit :
> I am not aware of any group having done that, ever. I'm not even sure I understand what you're asking for.

Just as an example for memory

VoiceXML 2.1
* 2007-06-19 REC
* 2007-04-25 PR
* 2006-09-15 WD
* 2005-06-13 CR
* 2004-07-28 WD

There are others. :)

PS: I do not have an opinion about the issue at stake, just pointing out it has been done in the past. Also before points out, the process document is defined by entrance criteria (not exit criteria), which means that if all the entrance criteria are satisfied you can "jump" a step and in theory go directly from LC to PR.

--
Karl Dubost 🐄
http://www.la-grange.net/karl/