RE: CfC: Request transition of HTML5 to Candidate Recommendation

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 18:30:35 +0000
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>
CC: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, "public-html-admin@w3.org" <public-html-admin@w3.org>
>I don't see why you are refusing to publish it as a WG product
first before calling for CR.

The Chairs and Team are simply doing what the HTML WG has done consistently for the last several years as we move a specification from one W3C Recommendation track step to another ie WD, LC, and CR.  There is no requirement in the W3C Process or in the HTML WG practice to publish a stable, referensible WD between steps.

Sent from my Windows Phone