Re: W3C/WHATWG overlap going forward

On 28 November 2014 at 10:35, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:

> For reasons mentioned in the above mail (0036.html), I see this as
> unlikely to occur in the near term.  I also believe that it is unlikely to
> occur for "kitchen sink" specifications.  As work in that specification is
> "spun out" into separate specifications, directly referencing those parts
> is much more of a possibility.

I am preparing to work on one such spin offs, which will encompass the
elements/attributes of HTML. An issue i have with referencing the WHATWG
html spec currently is that it contains a lot of non-user agent content
that I don't want to reference (since that will be updated/original content
in the spec I am working on)

ideally I would like to have the user agent details available to readers of
the spec. My current think is to have stale quoted sections or have a
mechanically published copy of the whatwg with only user agent stuff in it,
which i can then reference.

any suggestions welcome.

--

Regards