Re: CfC: Request transition of Image Description to Candidate Recommendation

Hi,

Paul wrote:

> [T]his is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to request transition to
> Candidate Recommendation for the following Image Description extension
> specification:
>
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-proposals/raw-file/217e6b995ac9/longdesc1/longdesc.html
>
> Silence will be taken to mean there is no objection[…]
> - A request to advance indicates that the Working Group believes the
> specification is stable and appropriate for implementation.

As longdesc="" is not appropriate for implementation, I object to the
call to request its transition to CR. My rationale can be found in my
objection to the TF's CfC on the same subject:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2014Jun/0115.html

The TF facilitators decided to proceed despite my objection, and did not
address the technical points of my objection satisfactorily.

Thanks,
Ted