Re: EME is in the scope of the HTML WG

From: Andreas Kuckartz <a.kuckartz@ping.de>
Date: 29 Sep 2013 16:23:50 +0200
To: "Catherine Roy" <ecrire@catherine-roy.net>
Cc: "public-html-admin@w3.org" <public-html-admin@w3.org>
Hi Catherine,

> If I am not mistaken, the EFF formal objection has not yet been
> addressed, or at the very least, the results regarding decisions
> related to that formal objection have not been made public.

As far as I am aware the Formal Objection regarding the addition of
"content protection" to the charter of the HTML WG has not yet been
resolved.

My Formal Objection against EME also has not yet been resolved.

It is my understanding that the objection raised by the EFF will have to
be resolved first. And both objections will be revolved before EME can
become a Recommendation.

Cheers,
Andreas