RE: Prefixing bugs with component name

Mike Smith contacted the W3C Systems Team about this request.

They pointed out that each bugzilla e-mail notification already includes an email header that gives the name of the component. (In fact, they include headers with a bunch of other information as well.) Here's the actual response Mike  got from the Systems Team:

  The original e-mail says that they want this to do better client-side
  filtering. This information is already available in the
  X-Bugzilla-Component header of every mail Bugzilla sends, and that should
  be sufficient to implement whatever filter is desired. Will that meet the
  group's needs, or is there something else people want to accomplish?

For the record, here's an example of the complete list of headers that were sent out in a recent notification for an EME-related bug:

Please let Mike and I know if this information helps you solve your EME vs MSE mail filtering problem?

/paulc
HTML WG co-chair

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada