Re: CfC: Publish three heartbeat drafts as WDs

Dear All:

I must oppose publication of this heartbeat as currently constituted.

By agreement in the Plan 2014 negotiations, longdesc was to have been
removed from Sec. 11 of the HTML specification once the HTML-A11Y Task
Force produced its First Public Working Draft of an extension
specification for an HTML Image Description Extension mechanism.

That FPWD was published in March.
http://www.w3.org/TR/html-longdesc/

A CFC to publish an updated, stabilization draft is currently being
canvased in the TF, and is expected to be elevated to this WG (and to
the PFWG, as agreed) this coming week.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2013May/0047.html

Yet longdesc continues to be listed among Obsolete Attributes which
"authors must not use:"
http://htmlwg.org/heartbeat-201305/html/obsolete.html#non-conforming-features

Is it desired that a bug be filed to this effect?

Janina

authors

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200