Re: CfC: Approve overview of testing in view of permissive CR exit criteria

From: Charles McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 10:45:55 +1000
To: "public-html-admin@w3.org" <public-html-admin@w3.org>, "Paul Cotton" <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Cc: "Sam Ruby (rubys@intertwingly.net)" <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Hi,

On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 11:56:27 +1000, Paul Cotton
<Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com> wrote:

> The items subject to this CfC are marked "Considered interoperable" and
> color coded in green in the document:

(When doing that please supply the class names or some other simple
mechanism for people who cannot easily distinguish tones of green from
tones of red).

> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tests-cr-exit.html

Without responding to the general set, I believe that the translate
attribute is not as problematic as it looks. I note that most test cases
available are passed by Google and Microsoft's online translation
services, and they are all passed by the Yandex' service
http://translate.yandex.com - the last one (which others fail) was a quick
and easy bugfix done on the weekend, so I would be surprised if there is
any reason it would not be fixed.

I will also ask people who make professional tools - I believe they are
the major driveers for this work so expect them to have working
implementations (which are mass-market production tools that just happen
not to be free, as a rule).

cheers

Chaals