CfC: remove Microdata from HTML 5.0, remove JS API, continue HTML Microdata as a separate spec

Preface:

The purpose of this email is to confirm the consensus that appeared to
arise out of the 27 June telecon concerning topic of HTML Microdata.
The relevant portion of the minutes can be found at:

   http://www.w3.org/2013/06/27-html-wg-minutes.html#item05

Our read is that Charles can now live with the "remove all references to
Microdata from the HTML 5.0 CR draft" portion of the CfC below, allowing
that part to proceed.

Our read is that Charles can now live with Microdata as a separate
document, which represents a change from the original CfC on this topic
(below).  We still would need work to proceed on establishing exit
criteria and assessing the document relative to that exit criteria
(removing the JS portion could be seen as a part of that effort).
Unless we get volunteers to do that, we should make it clear that the
ultimate disposition of this document will be as a "tombstone" W3C note.

Finally, as we don't have consensus on what to do with 5.1, we suggest
that this work be allowed to proceed via editors' discretion for now.

. . .

With that understanding, this is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to:

a) to remove all references to Microdata from the HTML 5.0 CR draft,

b) to remove the Javascript API from the Microdata spec, and

c) to publish the separate "HTML Microdata" document as an extension
spec (iff editorial resources can be found).

Silence will be taken to mean there is no objection, but positive
17th, this resolution will carry.

- Sam Ruby