Re: CfC: to publish "The picture element" specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 22:28:21 +0000
To: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-html-admin@w3.org" <public-html-admin@w3.org>, Mathew Marquis <mat@matmarquis.com>, Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Hi Paul,

On Thursday, 31 January 2013 at 21:44, Paul Cotton wrote:

> This is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to publish as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD) the following “The picture element” document:
>
> http://picture.responsiveimages.org/
>
> Silence will be taken to mean there is no objection, but positive responses are encouraged. If there are no objections by Friday Feb 8, this resolution will carry.
>
> Considerations to note:
>
> - As a First Public Working Draft, this publication will trigger patent policy review.
>
> - As a Working Draft publication, the document does not need not be complete, to meet all technical requirements, or to have consensus on the contents.

Seems something got lost in communication. We are actually asking to publish two documents. The second one is:

http://usecases.responsiveimages.org/

It's just intended to be a note, but outlines the use cases that will hopefully underpin both srcset and <picture>. Not sure if we should start a separate CfC for that?

Thanks!

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au