Re: CfC: to publish Encrypted Media Extensions specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

On 01/29/2013 05:42 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Ian Fette (イアンフェッティ)
> <ifette@google.com <mailto:ifette@google.com>> wrote:
>
>     Robert, I agree with your objectives and personally would support
>     them but I don't support the objection as I don't believe that
>     advancement to FPWD should be a time for people to demand resolution
>     on particular issues. LC or CR sure, but not on FPWD. It's a
>     procedural thing for me.
>
> By LC or CR it will be too late. "We're ready to go and we can't hold up
> the spec for this wrangling" will be the refrain. Plus, the W3C will be
> seen to have blessed EME by then.

I disagree that it will be too late, but I do acknowledge the concern.

Meanwhile, is there any way that you could sketch out the beginnings of
what could form the foundation for a concrete proposal that would
address your issue?

- Sam Ruby