Re: CfC: to publish Encrypted Media Extensions specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 11:42:25 +1300
To: ifette@google.com
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "public-html-admin@w3.org" <public-html-admin@w3.org>, "David Dorwin <ddorwin@google.com> (ddorwin@google.com)" <ddorwin@google.com>, Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com>
On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Ian Fette (イアンフェッティ) <ifette@google.com>wrote:

> Robert, I agree with your objectives and personally would support them but
> I don't support the objection as I don't believe that advancement to FPWD
> should be a time for people to demand resolution on particular issues. LC
> or CR sure, but not on FPWD. It's a procedural thing for me.

By LC or CR it will be too late. "We're ready to go and we can't hold up
the spec for this wrangling" will be the refrain. Plus, the W3C will be
seen to have blessed EME by then.

Rob
--
Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the
Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority