Re: CfC: handle ISSUE-207 responsive-images consistently with Plan 2014

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 16 January 2013 at 23:49, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com(mailto:
> w3c@marcosc.com)> wrote:

> as an extension spec.

> developers about their issues with either of these specs.
> > >
> > > At least 3 reps for the RICG will be on the call tomorrow. Will try to
> get a few more key individuals to dial in.
> >
> > A discussion on the main email list would be more inclusive (in addition
> - not instead of).
>

>  Absolutely - us joining tomorrow is just to coordinate publishing the
> documents we have prepared [1, 2]. Regarding issues, we are having
> productive discussions with Hixie in the relevant bugs (see [3] for a list
> of them). Not sure the RICG has anything in particular to bring to
> public-html right now (a good thing!:)). Having said that, having
> additional opinions voiced by HTMLWG participants in the bugs would be
> extremely helpful.
>
> [1] http://picture.responsiveimages.org/pub/WD_5Feb2013.html
> [2] http://usecases.responsiveimages.org/pub/WD_5Feb2013.html
> [3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-respimg/2012Nov/0024.html

Very nice.

Maybe you could send an email to public-html@ explaining the status of the
discussion between the two different features to the HTMLWG so people can
catch up and start building their own opinion? In the end, the decision
will be made by what browsers implement, but I don't think all browsers
have made up their mind yet as to which proposal to support. I think an
active involvement of this WG into the decision making of the browsers
would be useful.

Thanks,
Silvia.