Re: CfC: to publish "The picture element" specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 02:51:33 -0800
Cc: "public-html-admin@w3.org" <public-html-admin@w3.org>, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>, Mathew Marquis <mat@matmarquis.com>, Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
To: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>

The Chairs note one objection to publishing this document. This is a technical  objection based on "The picture element" not satisfying enough different use cases:
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Feb/0032.html>

There was also significant support for publishing.

The W3C Process states that "Consensus is not a prerequisite for approval to publish; the Working Group may request publication of a Working Draft even if it is unstable and does not meet all Working Group requirements."

Thus, failing to meet a particular use case is not sufficient reason to hold publication.

Therefore we hold that the Working Group supports publication of a First Public Working Draft of "The picture element".

Regards,
Maciej
(on behalf of the Chairs)