Re: Proposal: use images in examples

(moving to admin list)

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 7:27 AM, Charles McCathie Nevile <
chaals@yandex-team.ru> wrote:

> **
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 19:36:57 +0100, Travis Leithead <
> travis.leithead@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>  Fantastic. I love pictures!
>

> So do I.

Agreed, where appropriate.

Specs are misery to read. A few pictures can really make a difference to
> understanding what is happening. (I'd love to have a requirement that every
> algorithm be accompanied by a nice friendly picture that functions as a
> flowchart, but I think that's creating a lot of work that would get in the
> way of other important stuff. Maybe webplatform.org will do them...)

Oh gosh, you don't want to turn all that pseudo-code into pictures - such
detailed flow charts are as poor to read as the text. There are things that
only browser developers need to look at. Pictures are better for a little
bit higher-level abstraction.

Silvia.