Re: CfC: to publish Encrypted Media Extensions specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 09:52:52 +0200
To: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Cc: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, Jet Villegas W3C <w3c@junglecode.net>, public-html-admin@w3.org, "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org>, "Tab Atkins, Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
On Feb 1, 2013 10:26 PM, "Glenn Adams" <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:
> Since I represent a commercial video provider here, I can speak
authoritatively that they are interested in providing services to the
widest array of users in the widest array of platforms, etc.

Yet, in practice, people can observe e.g. Voddler saying that their
licensors (major studios) won't let them target desktop Linux even though
Linux has Flash Player available and they use Flash Player for DRM on
Windows and Mac.