Changes to WHATWG HTML

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 15:34:14 +0100
To: "W3C WAI Protocols & Formats" <public-pfwg@w3.org>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Hi All,

I have been working with editors of the WHATWG HTML spec to reduce the
differences between the conformance and implementation requirements related
to ARIA use on HTML elements and also the HTML accessibility mappings.

I am pleased to report that my pull request was accepted and WHATWG HTML
https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/dom.html#wai-aria now references:
*ARIA in HTML* https://w3c.github.io/html-aria/ for author conformance
requirements and HTML Accessibility API Mappings 1.0
https://w3c.github.io/aria/html-aam/html-aam.html for browser requirements
for mapping HTML features to accessibility APIs

--

Regards

SteveF
Current Standards Work @W3C