Re: Status of work on HTML5: Techniques for providing useful text alternatives

On 2015-09-02 09:28, Paul Cotton wrote:
> We have not had a progress report on the work on the "HTML5:
> Techniques for providing useful text alternatives" [1] document since
> Jul 23rd [2].

My bad. I do have an updated draft that will be hitting github soon (no
wifi on the 'plane!). Shane and Charles have also done work on the text.

Recall that the goal is for the text to be included in HTML, replacing
the text that's there. So the next step will be for task force review,
and after that (depending on the review outcome) a bug report (or pull
request) against HTML 5.1.

> I don't
> believe it is not mentioned in any other proposed charter?

WG notes don't have to be explictly mentioned in charters; nether do
individual bug reports.

But I don't think we have an explicit plan.

Liam

--
Liam Quin, W3C
XML Activity Lead;