Re: ARIA use in HTML other than for accessibility.

So far in this thread:

Hopefully it is clearer now that the subject is a scoping issue for ARIA
use in HTML. It is not about limiting the use of ARIA semantics added for
UI accessibility purposes.

A separate and worthwhile topic about baking event binding to UAs based on
ARIA semantics has been raised.

The paradigm in ARIA and in ARIA in HTML has always been only add ARIA if
native semantics can't do the job of conveying UI information to users. If
there is ARIA information in HTML making use of such information for more
general purposes is not forbidden. But the addition of ARIA for purposes
other than conveying missing UI information is actively discouraged.

ARIA use in HTML makes sense when it results in concrete improvements in
the user experience.

I have not yet seen any cogent arguments why this should change. If there
are, I welcome being disabused.

--

Regards

SteveF