Re: Implementation questions around HTML structural elements and ARIA Landmarks

On 19 March 2015 at 17:43, Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com> wrote:

> We’re working on an implementation of accessibility for HTML structural
> elements in IE.  We have also implemented ARIA landmarks, which I showed at
> CSUN. (Neither is in a public build yet) These features are closely related
> and very similar, and we expect that they will be part of the same user
> experience in Narrator and other AT products.

Hi Cynthia,

these may be helpful, though somewhat old now:
http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/2013/02/using-wai-aria-landmarks-2013/
http://www.html5accessibility.com/tests/landmarks.html

It is a little unclear to me whether you are talking about what the user
will experience when using narrator or what will be exposed via UIA.

 "We’re working on an implementation of accessibility for HTML structural
elements in IE."

Are you following all other implementations and mapping the structural
elements as per the implementation requirements in HTML5 [1]?

[1] http://stevefaulkner.github.io/html-mapping-tests/
--

Regards

SteveF