W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > July 2015

Minutes, weekly HTML accessibility tf call 2015-07-08 (8th July) during F2Fin Span

From: liam <liam@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 23:58:59 -0400
To: public-html-a11y@w3.org
Message-ID: <da8a18a885f3665a1c08ae90324d8756@webmail.w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/2015/07/08-html-a11y-weekly-minutes.html

extracted from the f2f minutes,
http://www.w3.org/2015/07/08-html-a11y-minutes.html

Text version follows:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                      HTML Accessibility Task Force

08 Jul 2015

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2015/07/08-html-a11y-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Chaals, Léonie, SteveF, Plh, JF, PLH, ShaneM, Paul,
           Janina

    Regrets
           MarkS, Liam

    Chair
           Chaals

    Scribe
           chaals, plh

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Weekly teleconf
          2. [5]canvas implementation - RichS, MarkS, where are we
             up to?
          3. [6]face to face meeting - what are we doing / what did
             we do?
          4. [7]editing the alt guidance
             https://github.com/w3c/alt-techniques
          5. [8]transcripts: call for First Public Working Draft?
             w3c.github.io/html-transcript/html-transcript-src.html
          6. [9]action item review
             https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/open
          7. [10]Editing the HTML spec
      * [11]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

Weekly teleconf

    <chaals> chair: Chaals

    <plh> scribe: plh

    <chaals> scribe: chaals

canvas implementation - RichS, MarkS, where are we up to?

    [see PLH's email]

    PLH: wrote 3 of the missing tests, the fourth one I don't
    understand. need to sit down with Mark to work it out.

    … updating results. For one new test there is a bug in chrome,
    not reporting the right region in accessibility API, will
    double-check before filing bug.

    … If we're lucky, Mark and I will meet to make progress this
    arvo. Else Monday.

    <plh> [12]canvas update

      [12] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2015Jul/0014.html

    CMN: You expect hitregions will make it?

    PLH: Hope so. If we have an implementation with a recognised
    bug expected to be fixed, we should be able to move forward
    with it.

face to face meeting - what are we doing / what did we do?

    <plh> scribe: plh

    Charles: only 3 or 4 of us were able to attend
    ... looking at keyboard a11y for ARIA
    ... and Joanie is helping in our understanding of the webkit
    code

    (see minutes at
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2015/07/08-html-a11y-minutes.html)

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2015/07/08-html-a11y-minutes.html)

    Charles: questions about the f2f?

    [none heard]

editing the alt guidance [14]https://github.com/w3c/alt-techniques

      [14] https://github.com/w3c/alt-techniques

    Charles: any news from Shane?
    ... we have a github repo. PR to gh-pages branch?

    Shane: go for it

transcripts: call for First Public Working Draft?
w3c.github.io/html-transcript/html-transcript-src.html

    Charles: [under discussion at the f2f]
    ... we'll continue to propose a FPWD
    ... PRs are welcome

action item review
[15]https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/open

      [15] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/open

    [going through the actions]

    Charles will chase the tab panel through the WICG

    action-260?

    <trackbot> action-260 -- Shane McCarron to Present web payments
    in tf meeting -- due 2015-06-30 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/260

      [16] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/260

    Shane: make it 3 weeks from today

    <chaals> action-260 due in 3 weeks

    <trackbot> Set action-260 Present web payments in tf meeting
    due date to 2015-07-30.

    <chaals> ACTION: JF get the matrix to Shane… [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2015/07/08-html-a11y-minutes.html#action0
    3]

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2015/07/08-html-a11y-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-330 - Get the matrix to shane… [on
    John Foliot - due 2015-07-16].

    <chaals> action-327 due in 1 week

    <trackbot> Set action-327 Check if chrome hitregion
    implementation actually works due date to 2015-07-16.

    <chaals> close action-317

    <trackbot> Closed action-317.

    Charles: we've been looking at readonly for forms
    ... we think it make sens to have readonly for checkboxes,
    textinput, etc.
    ... we see people trying to do so
    ... idea is to make them unfocusable

Editing the HTML spec

    <chaals> scribe: chaals

    <plh> [18]https://github.com/w3c/spork/blob/master/README.md

      [18] https://github.com/w3c/spork/blob/master/README.md

    PLH: spent yesterday doing things in the HTML spec, so here is
    how to do it.

    Start at spork's readme - that's the tool that converts the
    WHATWG spec to HTML 5.1

    … change spork, it generates the spec.

    … If we manage to make progress on modularisation, the story
    may change entirely.

    … if we make modules, people will be able to make changes that
    will be propogated from spork.

    <plh>
    [19]https://github.com/w3c/spork/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed

      [19] https://github.com/w3c/spork/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed

    … Start with the readme, edit a clone. Spork applies JS rules
    to the spec. In the editing section it tells you what has to be
    changed- we have examples, as above.

    … Depending on the type of change you make, e.g. touching
    something we are modifying, you have to find which rule is
    applying by grep for a keyword.

    … If you modify something we haven't touched from WHATWG, you
    make the rules - we have examples of that too.

    … Yesterday I modified an algorithm, and fixed a typo.

    <paulc> Are your changes tracked in a Bugzilla bug?

    … So I encourage you to look into that. It is a little painful,
    you have to use jquery. Takes a bit of getting used to.

    … But then goes faster. If you have trouble, I'm happy to help
    you.

    <SteveF> plh: sounds painful ;-)

    … But I hope that now I have cleaned up documentation, it
    should be easier.

    s/plh: sounds painful ;)//

    PLH: Yes, changes have bugzilla references in them.

    <paulc> Thanks

    PLH: Not painful - takes understanding but isn't that
    complicated.

    CMN: If there is a change that is a bit controversial, what is
    the process?

    PC: Make the change, send a note to public-html.

    … when editors were cherrypicking WHATWG changes, they sent
    patch notices - bug number, what they did. Seems a reasonable
    model to follow.

    PLH: I did pull requests, Robin merged them.

    … I didn't commit directly.

    … If you have a change like that, make a PR and have the
    discussion in bugzilla/ public-html

    PC: Seem to be in a middle ground here. Not many people would
    know that they should start tracking github for pull requests.
    We should aim to be transparent so people know what is going
    on.

    PLH: I made Pull Requests…

    … and Bugzilla changes

    PC: Yes, but people don't see those unless they signed on to
    track the bug when it was created.

    … so people won't know.

    PLH: OK, for the substantive algorithm that was a substantive
    change matching implementation, it makes sense to send
    something.

    PC: OK. We should encourage people to write to the WG about the
    Pull Requests, as a way of socialising how we are working and
    remind people where to look.

    <plh>
    [20]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCON
    FIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&c
    olumnlist=bug_id%2Cassigned_to%2Creporter%2Cbug_status%2Cresolu
    tion%2Cshort_desc%2Copendate%2Cchangeddate&component=HTML5%20sp
    ec&list_id=58112&order=opendate%2Cbug_status%2Cpriority%2Cassig
    ned_to%2Cbug_id&product=HTML%20WG&product=HTML.next&query_forma
    t=advanced

      [20] 
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&columnlist=bug_id%2Cassigned_to%2Creporter%2Cbug_status%2Cresolution%2Cshort_desc%2Copendate%2Cchangeddate&component=HTML5%20spec&list_id=58112&order=opendate%2Cbug_status%2Cpriority%2Cassigned_to%2Cbug_id&product=HTML%20WG&product=HTML.next&query_format=advanced

    PC: there are fewer bugs - has there been a change?

    PLH: Yes.

    CMN: A bunch of people have been closing out invalid bugs…

    PLH: There are bugs that will not generate changes in teh spec.
    I have been going through the easy ones to learn how to edit
    HTML.

    <paulc> THANK YOU, plh

    PC: Thank you PLH

    PLH: Welcome :)

    <JF_> +1 thanks PLH

    [teleconf adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: chaals fix bug 13390 when HTML is editable again
    [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2015/07/08-html-a11y-minutes.html#action0
    1]
    [NEW] ACTION: chaals to take up "media descriptions" topic in
    the TF [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2015/07/08-html-a11y-minutes.html#action0
    2]
    [NEW] ACTION: JF get the matrix to Shane… [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2015/07/08-html-a11y-minutes.html#action0
    3]

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2015/07/08-html-a11y-minutes.html#action01
      [22] http://www.w3.org/2015/07/08-html-a11y-minutes.html#action02
      [23] http://www.w3.org/2015/07/08-html-a11y-minutes.html#action03

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________



-- 
Liam Quin, W3C
XML Activity Lead;
Digital publishing; HTML Accessibility
Received on Wednesday, 22 July 2015 03:59:01 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 22 July 2015 03:59:02 UTC