RE: Call for Consensus: Work items

From: Steve Faulkner [mailto:faulkner.steve@gmail.com]
Sent: 24 February 2015 10:10

On 23 February 2015 at 19:05, Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com <mailto:shane@aptest.com> > wrote:

with the caveat that the TF should look closely at the Text Alternatives work to see if it makes sense to continue it based upon the substantial overlap with HTML 5.0.

Given that the text alternatives section in HTML 5.1 will be continue to be actively edited, I think that duplication of work is unnecessary, suggest filing bugs on the alt section would be more productive and better use of limited resources.

Given that the TF has limited capacity, it makes little sense to put our efforts into duplicating work done elsewhere. Better to focus our efforts on other activities I think.

Léonie.

--

Senior Accessibility Engineer, TPG

@LeonieWatson @PacielloGroup