Re: Minutes: HTML A11y TF telecon, 20th August 2015

I support the use of Details/summary for long descriptions.

I did a survey at CSUN on all current possibilities. Details/summary won by
a long shot. Here's the voting:

   - Simple link on page to a long description (5 Votes)
   - In page descriptions referred to in the image alt, (1 Vote)
   - The html5 figure element wrapped around the image and it’s long
   description (0 Votes)
   - *Expandable collapsible link used to hide the description on the page.
   (20 Votes -Winner)*
   - Longdesc (0 Votes)

http://davidmacd.com/blog/csun/files/long-description.html

Cheers,