Re: Call for Consensus (CfC): Transition the Image Description specification to Proposed Recommendation (PR) status

Hi all,

(I doubt this email is necessary, but since "silence will be interpreted
as support," I err on the side of caution.)

Janina wrote:

> Please respond on each of the following three propositions.
[…]
> PROPOSITION #1: The HTML-A11Y Task Force believes that the archived
> record of deliberation on the topics raised in the Formal Objection
> filed by Apple Computer on this specification is sufficient to support
> progressing it toward Recommendation status.

I do not support this proposition, or the related proposition 3:

> PROPOSITION 3: The HTML-A11Y Task Force recommends and requests that
> the HTML and PF Working Groups transition the HTML 5 Image Description
> Extension specification to Proposed Recommendation (PR status using
> the draft document at: http://www.w3.org/2014/09/04-PR-html-longdesc/

As for proposition 2, I found the disposition of Igalia's comments to be
unsatisfactory. These were reasonable requests from an actual longdesc
implementor, and the fact that only one, very minor comment was
accepted—and every substantive comment rejected—is disappointing to say
the least, but perhaps not altogether surprising.

Ted