Re: Call for Consensus (CfC); Publish a heartbeat of our Text Alternatives document

On Thu, 16 Oct 2014 13:28:44 -0400
"janina@rednote.net" <janina@rednote.net> wrote:

> Colleagues:
>
> This is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to the HTML-A11Y Task Force to
> approve publication of an updated heartbeat draft of "HTML5: Techniques
> for providing useful text alternatives," according to the draft
> available at:
>
> Tiny URL:
> http://tinyurl.com/kjvjqat
>
> Direct URL:
> http://rawgit.com/w3c/alt-techniques/54c868254d49bac4ca1efa7d9907cc85bfa0a3cd/index.html
>
> As discussed in the regular weekly HTML-A11Y Task Force teleconference
> of Thursday 16 October logged at:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2014/10/16-html-a11y-minutes.html#item04
>
> Two editorial corrections are anticipated by this Call for Consensus:
>
> 1.)	An appropriate hyperlink in W3C web space will replace the place
> holder hyperlink, currently displaying as "XXXX," should this CfC pass
> and this heartbeat be published by W3C;
>
> 2.)	The hyperlink referencing the HTML 5 specification will have its
> display text corrected to indicate the hyperlink points to the Proposed
> Recommendation version of the HTML 5 specification, and not the W3C Last
> Call version, as currently displayed.

I'm OK with it, although I'd be much happier if we had "issue boxes" as per the older version currently on TR (and I don't think adding those should invalidate a CfC).

Thank you Steve for your editorial work.