Re: request a heartbeat publication of HTML5: Techniques for providing useful text alternatives

Hi John,
I think that it may be you are laboring under a misapprehension that it has
been suggest that the heartbeat WD be published as a living doc.

If so I am unclear where you got the idea. But it has not been suggested to
my knowledge. The Editors draft has been pointed to as the point of origin
for the heartbeat Working Draft, but a WD is a dated snapshot of the
editors draft not a pointer to the editors draft.

There is nothing new or different here.
this information may make it clear
https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/WorkMode#The_Technical_Reports_Process_.28What_is_an_Editor.27s_Draft.3F.29

--