Re: Bug 13435: Editorial changes to The Video element

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 8:34 PM, Charles McCathie Nevile
<chaals@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 01:03:33 +0100, Silvia Pfeiffer
> <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> FWIW I'm happy with the resolution on that bug, since what Ian stated
>> is true: it's already specified.
>

> Yeah, I can live with that. I certainly think that this is a truly editorial
> change request.
>
> On the other hand, my inclination is generally to add mentions of
> accessibility for the removal of doubt.

Sure, if there is any doubt.

> I suspect the editors can come up
> with text that is more compact than the proposal and includes a reminder of
> the fact that accessibility content is important to people.
>
> I would *prefer* that as an outcome.

The paragraph mentioned in that bug has been massively changed since,
is part of the section that describes the poster attribute, and is
normative.

Right below it, it says:
The video element also represents any text track cues whose text track
cue active flag is set and whose text track is in the showing mode,
and any audio from the media resource, at the current playback
position.

So, I believe that no doubt remains.

Regards,
Silvia.